Posted by Nick in Sales Training To Improve Sales Results | 4 Comments
File under Cold Calling
You Can Improve A Salesperson’s Cold Calling Skills Performance
Sales managers wear many hats and one of them is to be a coach. Let’s say you have a salesperson that needs help with cold calling skills. Here is some advice on how to improve that salesperson’s cold calling skills and cold calling techniques.
1) Get your poor performer to sit next to one of your top performers. You want the poor performer to see “success in action”. That’s a great way to capture effective cold calling skills.
2) Have your poor performing cold caller listen to one of your successful cold callers. This is a positive way for the poor performer to improve their cold calling skills.
4) Insure the rep that needs to improve their cold calling skills has the motivation and desire to succeed. If the will is absent, it may be time to move on. Even the most effective sales training can’t cure this problem.
5) Establish short term attainable goals. Measure the poor performer’s cold calling results against those goals. Make recommendations for improvement when necessary. Stay focused on their cold calling skills.
6) Tape the rep while on actual cold calls. Insure they are using solid questioning techniques and that they are intently listening to their prospects. Check their cold calling skills, their greeting as well as the pace and tone of their voice. Find areas that need to improve and perfect their cold calling skills with solid cold calling tips.
Employee development is a key Sales Manager’s responsibility. As your sales rep starts to improve their cold calling skills and results, insure you are providing positive reinforcement.
To your cold calling skills success!
Nick Moreno, Sales Trainer
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES OF INTEREST