File under Sales Training
Ways To Convince Someone To Buy A Product
By, Nick Moreno
People often ask me how to convince someone to buy a product. I’m amused by that question because you’ll go broke as a salesperson if you’re spending your time trying to convince someone to buy your product. I’ll explain…
Convincing someone to buy your product has nothing to do with someone actually buying your product. We convince people to change their beliefs but we persuade people to take action. For that reason the question of how to convince someone to buy a product is rather useless unless you also persuading them to take action and actually buy that product. The key to generating “action” is persuasion.
Be that as it may, I’ll continue to explore the question of how to convince someone to buy your product despite the fact people should be really looking for information on how to persuade people to buy your product. I tend to be a stickler about these things and a purest when it comes to the sales process. It just goes with the territory when your sales trainer. Sometimes you just have to take yourself out of the equation.
So, just how do you convince someone to buy your product? The fast answer is you follow the sales process.
Use The Sales Process To Convince Someone To Buy Your Product
There are many ways to convince someone to buy your product and they all center around the sales process. The sales process involves a series of steps that are how to convince people to buy your product.
- You develop a plan to uncover the needs and wants of the person you are attempting to convince to buy your product.
- You put the person that you’re trying to convince to buy your product at ease by building rapport with them.
- You asked the person that you’re trying to convince a series of questions designed to uncover a problem your product can solve. You focus on the benefits that will be enjoyed by the person you’re trying to convince to buy your product.
- You present your product as a solution to the problem being experienced by the person you’re attempting to convince to buy your product.
- The person you’re attempting to convince to buy your product will have some objections. You must overcome those objections if you expect to convince someone to buy your product.
- Last but not least, you must ask for the order.
If you’re having trouble convincing someone to buy your product I urge you to get some sales training on the sales process. I’m an advocate of a nine step sales process and that’s the type of process I teach in my sales training programs.
I hope you’ve uncovered some useful information on how to convince someone to buy your product.
I wish you great sales success!
Live Your Life On Your Terms
ARTICLES OF INTEREST